Saturday, October 17, 2015

Marvin, Matt and Alfred

We caught the film The Martian.  Greg was disappointed because he was expecting to see Marvin the Martian, not Matt Damon stranded on Mars.
Marvin the Martian by zombiegoon on DeviantArt
Marvin:  "My agent is worthless.  Couldn't even get me a cameo in a film about my home planet.  I think I will vaporize my agent and hire Damon's agent instead."
The Martian - - Africa | IGN Africa
Damon:  "Marvin, if you think you are good enough to appear in a movie with me, then bring it on.  How do like them apples?"
Greg recovered from his disappointment and enjoyed the film, as did Susan, especially when MD had to remove his shirt.  The film is about many things, including perseverance in the face of certain failure.  The Martian embodies the same spirit as the film Captain Phillips, as well as the poem read by the real Captain Phillips at a 2015 speaking engagement, See It Through.  The Martian is a film worth seeing on the big screen.

And what about Alfred?  Recently, we enjoyed the madcap play The 39 Steps.  Our cousin Heather recommended it and we laughed and laughed. The play is a comedic adaptation of the Hitchcock 1935 thriller. 
 



No comments: